FROM A LIFE...A COLLECTION OF IMAGES IN PROSE, PAINT AND PHOTOGRAPHS.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and yelling joyously .... "WOOO HOOO what a ride!"
Friday, 6 March 2009
Illustration Friday - Intricate
Look beyond the beauty and you will see the intricate and complex configuration of individual character which forms the pattern on each and every woman’s face.
i visited your blog. it's really interesting. i'm susanna legrenzi, senior editor art end design at io donna, the weekly magazine of italian newspaper corriere della sera. my blog is bigbenonline.net - news form italy. i wait for you. by sl
GEE WIZZZ GIRL!!!!! OMG!!! how... gosh I'm just lost for words on this one! Beautiful is just not the word and awesome sure isn't the word. GOODNESS!!! This is just marvelous and delicious and happy and whimsical and excellent!!! HOT with color and texture! Beautiful piece!
Love your bold & brilliant intricacies of this woman. It shows her depth and dimensions that would not be noticed otherwise! Could this be You? XOX Barb
And this is why I cannot bear it when women get plastic surgery . . . and ending up looking so falsely smoothed out. They lose all of their interesting lines -- all of their character!
Oh this is gorgeous! I also love your description, such wonderful words.
I hope you have recovered from the flu now. Sorry you were feeling sick. Sorry I'm only finding out about it now. I wasn't able to catch up with all my fave blogs last week. Take care :)
her feautures remind me of the beautiful women of northern nigeria, the fulani tribe. Great blog and I would like to include you as a character in my unfolding story
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. I just can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate the time you take to read my posts. To paraphrase Shakespeare - "I can no other answer make, but, thanks, thanks and thanks again."
Bright, bold and beautiful!! I love it!
ReplyDeletei visited your blog. it's really interesting. i'm susanna legrenzi, senior editor art end design at io donna, the weekly magazine of italian newspaper corriere della sera. my blog is bigbenonline.net - news form italy. i wait for you. by sl
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely thought and image. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your words of encouragement!
ReplyDeleteand we women are certainly intricate, that's for sure. wonderful illo.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you wrote that down, because there is so much truth in it and it is time we acknowledge it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful picture and fabulous quote to go with! Really enjoyed looking at your site / blog / artwork! Have a great day and week :-)
ReplyDeleteloving the idea,image and message :)
ReplyDeleteLovely piece! I luv the vibrant colours!
ReplyDeletewonderful colours...so bright and great for this week's theme!
ReplyDeleteLove this one!!
ReplyDelete:)
Very interesting blog. I'm glad I discovered it!
ReplyDeleteVisit mine if you get a chance:
http://allkyhoops.blogspot.com
Great color and pattern for this "intricate" piece. Nice work.
ReplyDeleteWonderful color!! Love it!! Bright and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove the portrait. It gives color to my grey day. I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteGEE WIZZZ GIRL!!!!! OMG!!! how... gosh I'm just lost for words on this one! Beautiful is just not the word and awesome sure isn't the word. GOODNESS!!! This is just marvelous and delicious and happy and whimsical and excellent!!! HOT with color and texture! Beautiful piece!
ReplyDeletegreat vibrancy in the colors!
ReplyDeleteI love this image of woman...your art is inspiring!
ReplyDeleteTessa, she's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove your bold & brilliant intricacies of this woman.
ReplyDeleteIt shows her depth and dimensions that would not be noticed otherwise!
Could this be You?
XOX
Barb
This is an original and clever interpretation of the topic
ReplyDeleteyes, women are intricate. great work!
ReplyDeletebeautiful work! i always LOVE the wonderful, bright colors you use.
ReplyDeleteGreat image and a thoughtful commentary!
ReplyDeleteSo true Tessa, so true!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful entry for intricate. Your work always reflects every given word. Lovely!
so true...and beautiful as usual
ReplyDeleteAnd this is why I cannot bear it when women get plastic surgery . . . and ending up looking so falsely smoothed out. They lose all of their interesting lines -- all of their character!
ReplyDeleteTessa,
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting me at sixtyfivewhatnow.blogspot.com
The woman speaks volumes.
It's gorgeous. I agree with you that all faces are beautiful, unless the soul gazing out from behind that face isn't.
ReplyDeleteOH, yes.
ReplyDeleteYes.
Your intelligence transcends—across an ocean, in my case.
Beautiful in form and color, Tessa!
ReplyDeleteAnd, as already mentioned, we women are a bunch of intricate and complex characters, hallelujah:)
Hope you've fully recovered from your flu! Take it easy until you do.
An amazingly powerful piece Tessa! I hope you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful words and image, Tessa! Simply powerful.
ReplyDeletegreat work… such a thought-provoking piece!
ReplyDeleteSuch a witty quote! By such a clever woman!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks.
Greetings from London.
Oh this is gorgeous! I also love your description, such wonderful words.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have recovered from the flu now. Sorry you were feeling sick. Sorry I'm only finding out about it now. I wasn't able to catch up with all my fave blogs last week. Take care :)
beautiful..
ReplyDeleteStunning colors and lines. I love your bold approach to a delicate face.
ReplyDeleteher feautures remind me of the beautiful women of northern nigeria, the fulani tribe. Great blog and I would like to include you as a character in my unfolding story
ReplyDeleteor one of the photographs on your blog, if you do not feel inclined for me to include the armadillo as a character with a link to your blog?
ReplyDelete