Tuesday 13 October 2009

Cheek to Cheek at Willow Manor

 

 

Heaven... I'm in heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak.
And I seem to find the happiness I seek,
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek.

Heaven... I'm in heaven,
And the cares that hung around me through the week,
Seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak,
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek.

Oh, I love to climb a mountain,
And to reach the highest peak.
But it doesn't thrill me half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek.

Oh, I love to go out fishing
In a river or a creek.
But I don't enjoy it half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek.

Dance with me! I want my arms about you.
The charms about you
Will carry me through to...

Heaven... I'm in heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak.
And I seem to find the happiness I seek,
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek.

 

Such excitement!  Have you been over to Willow Manor in the last few days?  Oh, you simply MUST!    The dazzlingly glamorous Willow is holding her 2nd annual Ball at the Manor today and…..gasping intake of breath….has invited us all to attend! 

That marvellous wit and raconteur, intellect and actor extraordinaire – not to mention meltingly-sexy-break-me-off-a-bit-of-that man about Hollywood - Hugh Laurie has persuaded me to drop Guy for the evening and go to the ball with him instead. Who could possibly refuse? Certainly not me! (Guy will just have to get over it, stop sulking - and lend us his favourite car)

 

hugh-laurieI think I’ll ask him to shave first – all that fuzz is just too tickly. 

 

I plan on wearing the little Galliano number I bought last week while browsing through his collection at the rue Saint-Honoré store in Paris last month.  I love the freedom it gives me to dance, dance, dance!

gallianoVery practical - won’t rip while doing the tango.

Of course, I can’t go anywhere without my Paloma Picasso.  The scent lingers subtly, dahlings.

paloma Hmmm…the memories linger on.

And my mother’s pearls – so simple, so elegant.

mypearls First mother, then daughter….and on and on.

And my Louboutins…..which I shall probably kick off as the night progresses.

louboutin shoes Elevation from 5’10”  to  6’ and a bit.

 

Then there is the car - thanks Guy…owe you one.  And yes, Hugh CAN drive!  And no, we can’t get a lift in Elizabeth’s Bugatti.  Now stop yelling and go read your FT for goodness’ sake!

morgan08         Dream machine – Morgan roadster

 

Oh, look Hugh has ‘bunched’ me!  Delicious man!

flowers So romantic!

 

And  most important of all – a gift for the hostess.  I think a set of beautifully packaged Jo Malone home fragrances would be just right for the lovely Willow, don’t you?

jo

 

 

Oh, and don’t forget you’re all invited back to mine for smoked salmon Eggs Benedict and freshly brewed coffee after we’ve danced the night away and the sun has risen high in the sky!

smoked-salmon-eggs-benedict

 

See you all at the Willow Manor Ball!

27 comments:

Beth Kephart said...

All right. I insist. Stop swirling. This is all too much for the imagination.

And don't make Hugh shave. It'll put a pout on his face.

Anonymous said...

The post ball treats look lovely.
The lyrics are so lovely.Traditional and so cool.
I had not realised that Hugh Laurie is now considered a hearth -throb....though I can sort of see why.
your shoes, your perfume.........
and I forgot to get a hostess present oh dear
I will have to write a specially good bread and butter letter........

The Bug said...

Oh I love Hugh Laurie too! Seems hard to imagine him from his days on Black Adder...

I used to wear Paloma Picasso! Waaay back in the day - I don't think Dr. M has even smelt it...

Tess Kincaid said...

Tessa, you are most definitely the show stopper in that extraordinary gown!!!

Hugh is devine, daaaaling.

Rosaria Williams said...

A post party Party? Wait a minute here. We live in opposite directions. Maybe another time. It was fun, fabolous and RICH. You looked sensational.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Tessa: I vote for your Galiano as most beautiful gown at the ball. Hugh strikes me as a bit of a curmudgeon and hope he was a little more talkative for you than I have seen in interviews. How did he feel about you towering over him in those heels?

Reya Mellicker said...

Yes indeed Tessa, that was me gasping in awe when I saw you in your dress. And those shoes? Wow.

You and Hugh were a lovely couple, not too lovely, I hope!

Susie Hemingway said...

Your dress was beautiful and those lovely pearls perfection, and then on to Dear Hugh, he is such a charmer, lucky lady I say! It was a super evening. I have been singing Mr Astaire's lovely song all day today - can't seem to get it out of my head....

Linda Sue said...

Hugh- You- whoohoo! Sorry not to make it to the break- of -day banquet at your place- I was just too toasted...Those nuns had some wicked herb...Thank you so much for the acorn surprise! LOVE you!
Cheers, my beauty,
LS

Bee said...

How tall is Hugh? I hope that he can stand up to you in that fabulous dress and shoes.

The post-party breakfast makes me swoon.

Unknown said...

Hello beautiful lady. Please collect Hugh and bring him by Linda#53 at the north end of the manor for a martini. We would all dearly love to meet the two of you over here. I've been into Willow's most of the day but haven't spotted you yet. There are SOOOOO many people!

Yoli said...

Oh my Tessa! Exquisite taste! Your date looks too much like my husband so I think it is a marvelous choice. Kudos on the perfume!

Lori ann said...

Tessa,

Can I borrow your shoes?!? :)

Betsy Brock said...

A shave? Oh, I don't know...I like all that prickly, tickly stuff! LOL! You look stunning, btw...

L'Adelaide said...

what is this ball thing, I will definitely be going over presently although it is doubtful I am dressed properly nor with the right man on my arm, no jewels, no heels[lord..] but that bouquet your man gave you is divine and jo malone????? can I borrow? no , just kidding.. now I want to give one just to get that!!

fun stuff, whatever it is :)

Silke Powers said...

Oh, be still my heart, Tessa - what a dazzling life you lead! This ball looks like it is divine and Guy the best for letting you go with dear Hugh. You lucky woman!! ;) Silke

Holly said...

You will be divine! As always!

Carol said...

Wow!! I bet you were the Belle of the Ball!!

C x

Caroline said...

I am absolutely gutted that I missed this event!!!!!!! What a divine outfit you wore - sigh - and eggs Benedict - haven't had those in a while. Simply scrumptious!

Renee said...

I am not going to go to the manor I thought instead I will sit at your house with Guy and have him tell me the most marvelous stories of the woman he loves.

Love Renee xoxo

Renee said...

Oh Guy and I would totally love each other, after all we both love the same woman. xoxox

You are amazing my dear Tessa.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend and her son. So sorry and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Love you dear one.

Renee xoxo

Angela said...

How are you feeling today, Tessa? I am still a bit dizzy. But wasn`t it wonderful?! Mimi said there were Scottish reels, and I`m so sorry I missed those. But Reya and her crystal ball were such a delight. What a nice way to bring us all together!

Debra Keirce said...

Guy? Where's Guy!?!

Rosaria Williams said...

Tessa, thanks for the lovely comments. You do know how to make a girl feel great.

A Cuban In London said...

Absolutely gorgeous you look! And I hope Guy won't mind. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

OH, OH, those shoes!! That Dress!

Deborah said...

What great fun! I have a crush on Huge also. You have excellent taste!