FROM A LIFE...A COLLECTION OF IMAGES IN PROSE, PAINT AND PHOTOGRAPHS.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and yelling joyously .... "WOOO HOOO what a ride!"
Monday, 17 August 2009
IF on Monday - Wrapped
‘Let’s Face It’
Araminta was so wrapped up in herself, she was positively overdressed.
**Do zoom over to Illustration Friday to browse a truly awe-inspiring selection of other artists’ interpretations of the weekly prompt**
I think Araminta is wonderful -such a diva and so pleased with herself indeed. The sort of person who quite overwhelmed me and made me feel so awkward. But a beautiful painting.
Oh I adore those strong vibrant colours! The world is positively brimming with talented people such as yourself, just wonderful. (PS Thanks for visiting my place)
I absolutely LOVE reading your comments. I just can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate the time you take to read my posts. To paraphrase Shakespeare - "I can no other answer make, but, thanks, thanks and thanks again."
Just like most of us, she has two faces to show the world.
ReplyDeletewonderful, i have been indulging in loadsa african art this holiday too...maybe an etsy shop?one day..
ReplyDeleteIntriguing.
ReplyDeleteI love her face! I need to draw a beauty mark on mine.
ReplyDeletegreat bold colour and sharp lines brilliant idea on the theme wrapped
ReplyDeleteLove it Tessa. Totally love it.
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
she is beautiful - so clever Tessa!
ReplyDeleteTerrific painting Tessa! Araminta is the perfect name for her!
ReplyDeleteStunning painting!! I'm now off to see what 'Illustration Friday' is...it sounds like my kind of thing :-)
ReplyDeleteC x
Intriguing & stunning - the two faces we show to the rest of the world?
ReplyDeleteLovely post & hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
xxLOL Lola & Nora:)
btw left a little tag for you in earlier post ("Interviewed by Oprah!Part 1") -that's if you like that sort of thing?!
the mole beneath her eye is drawn on, I suspect. :)
ReplyDeleteI think Araminta is wonderful -such a diva and so pleased with herself indeed.
ReplyDeleteThe sort of person who quite overwhelmed me and made me feel so awkward.
But a beautiful painting.
What gorgeous colours! So much warmth.
ReplyDeleteOh I adore those strong vibrant colours! The world is positively brimming with talented people such as yourself, just wonderful. (PS Thanks for visiting my place)
ReplyDeleteVery nice, Tessa!
ReplyDeletewhat a great saying. how do you think of these things, tessa?
ReplyDeletei think you are one of the most interesting and talented and diverse people i know.
xo
kj
I ADORE this! everything you paint, I just ridiculously adore! :)
ReplyDeletexo
*smile* I think I have an alter-ego called Araminta. Fortunately she's not the dominant persona!
ReplyDelete