Sunday 23 November 2008

Firelight and Foxes - (NaBloPoMo #23)


This coming week is going to be my post-a-photo-instead-of-a-painting-week. As Winston said, "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." Heaven forbid that I'm thought of as a fanatic!


I went to look for a particular book the other day and paused momentarily to gaze out of the window, thinking thoughts and dreamin' dreams. Something reddish moved in the periphery of my vision....near that ancient old beech tree whose shade we borrow in the summer, y'know? I turned slightly and there she was - a beautiful fox with a coat the colour of firelight. She walked slowly, elegantly across the lawn looking one way and then the other as though admiring the view. As she come closer, she glanced up and saw me in the bay window, nodded imperceptibly as if in recognition and then disappeared amongst the trees to the left of the driveway.

The window which allowed me that fleeting view has now been rechristened The Fox Hole. Entirely appropriate, really, since it's a great place to snuggle up with a good book on a cold, bleak winter's day.

9 comments:

Lori ann said...

A fox walking by your window? Amazing! she's beautiful and so is your photo! I really need a Fox Hole of my own.
x

Anna Lefler said...

OMG, what I wouldn't give to have THAT room and THAT view. Fantastic.

[sniff]

Yes, I'm jealous.

Thanks so much for becoming a follower on my blog - I really appreciate that! I look forward to drooling over more of your posts and photos...

:^) Anna

The W.O.W. factor! said...

How stunning! The red fox...and the warm red "glow" of your fox hole! Not Fanatic...pure and simple Fantastic!

soulbrush said...

oh wow, there's nothing staid and fanatic about you, can see it in your lovely room. what a great pic, can't wait to see more. i have tagged you.

Val said...

That fox - the colour of firelight... a sighting like that is like a giftfrom the fox. And your house is so pretty and cosy looking - love the fox hole.

Angela said...

If I had such a room in such colours and such an outlook I´d be lost for anything else. A fox nodding at you - how lovely! Have you seen Miranda`s blog (thetimesofmiranda)where she describes all the wild animals she tamed and reared? I`d love to get in close touch with wild animals - other than our swallows and the hedgehog, they don`t count.

DW Quilt Art said...

What a lovely fox and a lovely room!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.